|Job Ref. ID:
||Manager - SAP BASIS Consultant
||UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
||UAE (RAK head office)
||Manager - SAP BASIS Consultant
||Full Time Employment (Limited Contract)
||The SAP Basis Administrator is responsible for the management of the SAP environment. The SAP Basis Consultant is responsible for the conception, planning, setup, and technical hands-on support of SAP landscape, architecture, infrastructural support as well as for their interfaces. This includes technical support for implementations and back-end production support of multiple SAP systems globally.
Primary responsibilities include oversight of and hands on configuring, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting the SAP technical environment on an ongoing basis as well as scheduling and executing the SAP transport system and batch management. This position is also responsible for the development and maintenance of policies and procedures relating to operation and support of the SAP environment covering change management, including backup/restore, disaster recovery, audit and in conjunction with the hosting team maintenance of the technical infrastructure reference documents such as technical architecture, interface references, hardware and software assets.
|Key responsibilities & Accountability:
||Key Responsibilities & Key Result Areas
• Host weekly Basis Meetings with relevant third parties & IT stakeholders reviewing current activities & planning future activities
• Submit maintenance plans for approval and maintain the schedule for all Solution Manager, Non-Prod & Prod environments
• Maintain audit record for transports, client openings, etc.
• Interface directly with Internal & External audit teams coordinating deliverables with all parties as required
• Represent Basis in Stakeholder/Relationship meetings
• Review all system parameters with vendors annually and document
• Forward planning on hosting, networking and sandbox/development/QA/production environment requirements for Automation Solutions.
• Coordinate annual disaster recovery testing in line with business expectations
• Establish and manage enabling technologies such as Solution Manager (if applicable) and Transport Management solutions. Ensure that appropriate controls are in place to manage processes and maintain compliance with internal and external audit rules
• Oversee/manage third-party software integration with the core SAP platform. Create standards and protocols for how integration will be handled and the technologies that will be used to support integration.
• Coordinate and work with the SAP Compliance team to ensure that system and data security guidelines are adhered to in the design and set up of the SAP environment.
• Interact with development teams, configuration teams, various technical support teams, and business stakeholders to optimize and maintain the overall SAP reliability, availability, and performance
• Provide technical support and administration of transport management, batch management, system processes, and production support for SAP environment in conjunction with relevant third parties
• The position has a 24x7 on-call commitment and availability for evening and weekend working as required
• Provide installation, configuration, integration, upgrade and testing services for new projects and on-going maintenance for SAP & Non SAP environments
• Oversight over Batch job creation, changes & update – Manage batch jobs within the SAP systems including creation of new jobs and changes to existing jobs, working with business owners on requirements.
• Drive vendors to provide Batch job completion and cancellation reporting. Review reports daily and take action as required.
• Oversee and monitor all SAP and NON SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.); prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports
• Assist with SAP Archiving activities
• Ability to learn about and support SAP related 3rd party software such as; Taxware, GetPaid, Paymetric, SAP GUI, Tradesphere, Trax and others as it is integrated with SAP
• Lead and coordinate with third parties the troubleshooting and resolution of problems related to performance issues for SAP ECC 6.6, BI, IBP, Solution Manager, Enterprise Portal and interoperability with existing network and system landscape. Ensure RCCA are completed for all issues and appropriate approved actions are executed.
• Work with vendors to perform SAP client administration (create client, copy client, delete client, export/import client) as required or coordinate these activities with third parties
• Participate in the planning and implementation of SAP and Non SAP system upgrades
• Manage and/or participate in the Application of SAP and Non SAP maintenance (hot packages and kernel upgrades) through all systems using a structured methodology.
• In terms of competency you are highly result oriented with strong sense of accountability & ownership.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation and project management skills required
• Must have a solution centric mind to understand issues and solve them within a stipulated time frame, should possess decision making skill for smooth functioning
• Work effectively and independently on assigned projects.
• Experience with analyzing complex issues and delivering appropriate solutions.
• Excellent conflict resolution and problem solving skill
• Strong troubleshooting and technical experience and ability to do root cause analysis
• Demonstrated ability to manage/complete projects successfully.
• Excellent collaboration skill & customer service mindset to understand the business need
• Must be able to work independently as well as a team player and can manage own workload.
• Able to Multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
|| - Education
||• Degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems.
• SAP Basis certified is a mandatory fitment criteria
|| - Experience:
||• A minimum of 10 years strong technical skills in implementation and support of SAP ECC, S4Hana, BW,
|| - Training:
||SAP NetWeaver Java systems, Fiori, GRC
• Ms Sql Server, HANA database administration experience
• MaxDB experience preferred
• Windows OS administration experience
• Windows server clustering solutions
• Knowledge of EAI concepts, tools and integration
• Backup and Recovery tools processes and procedures
• Disaster Recovery tools processes and procedures
• Installation, upgrade and Migration experience
• Solution Manager configuration and management
• Demonstratable experience in performance monitoring and tuning of SAP systems
• Five or more full-lifecycle implementations of SAP
• Business knowledge and process design skills.
• Able to collaborate and train SAP users.