Job Ref. ID:
Procurement Manager – Indirect
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
UAE (RAK head office)
Full Time Employment (Limited Contract)
The Manager lead, manage the In-direct purchasing team for the on-time procurement of required materials to support the supply plan, work perform under purchase department should compliance to the established purchasing and sourcing policies and procedures. Lead the time towards achievement of strategic targets by arranging right materials at the right time in the lowest possible cost with higher quality
Key responsibilities & Accountability:
• Leads and manages the In-direct purchasing team for effective implementation of Procurement and Sourcing Strategies to fulfill material requirements while maintaining quality standards and specifications.
• Ensures compliance with new vendor approvals as per SOP advised by QA Department.
• Implements Lean Purchasing practices to create sustainable competitive advantage for organization by reducing cost and shortening lead times and improved process cycle.
• Ensures the on-time availability of right material at the right time in the right quantity at the right price and in the right condition.
• Reviews In-direct materials requisitions and ensure the on time ordering of requested materials.
• Negotiate with suppliers and agreeing contracts and awarding bids.
• Reviews and approves purchase orders for In-direct materials procure from local and international suppliers.
• Monitors the performance of existing suppliers and identify potential suppliers for forthcoming business and visit supplier facility for evaluation.
• Builds and maintains strong and sustainable strategic relationship with vendors and oversee activities related to Vendor Management.
• Ensures the accessibility of multiple sources for purchasing of materials in order to gain strong negotiation power and to avoid supplier monopoly.
• Maintains strong coordination with internal customers and provide feedback regarding the material availability status.
• Coordinates with Store Department and give delivery schedule for planned inbound deliveries.
• Liaises with Custom Clearance Department for the timely clearance of materials on port.
• Liaises with Quality Control and Quality Assurance Departments for the issues related to source development, material testing and compliance of quality standards.
• Designs and implements purchasing tools to meet key objectives to cost saving, supplier consolidations, reduction in risk management, reduction in procurement cycle and eliminate non value added activities from purchasing process.
• Develops, implements, and manages processes for supply-related problem resolution.
• Reviews, assesses and maintains a base line costing model for the key spend items in each commodity that is aligned with the strategic direction of the function or commodity and continually identifies and refreshes the model based on market dynamics.
• Ensures the compliance of SOPs related to purchases department.
• Ensure that the required initial and continuing training of the department personnel is carried out and adapted according to the needs of the Organization in coordination with HR and training
• Define an optimum organization structure for the function, so that resources are optimally utilized and communications can be executed in an efficient manner.
• Review and ensure that operational and administrative practices, policies and procedures across the division are being followed by all employees
Bachelor of Business administration, Industrial Engeineering or any related field
Proficiency in MS office, knowledge of relevant ERP or SAP modules.
Must have at least 10+ years’ experience in the Procurement, Supply chain, Inventory management, and Supplies
Strong sense of accountability & ownership.
Excellent understanding of Business and Strategic Planning skills for diversified Project Management experience coupled with strong influencing skills.
Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions. Ability to inspire confidence and create trust, proven skills in managing staff and ability to build and support effective teams.
Having an Analytical mind with ability to think diversely and understand the big picture of the Organization and must be tough negotiator to ensure Company interest in every possible transaction
Has the understanding on how to align resources and manage others to achieve desired results
Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation and decision skills required
Must have a solution centric mind to understand issues and solve them within a stipulated time frame, ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions
Copyright, All Rights Reserved | Julpharcareers 2020