Job Ref. ID:
Senior Internal Auditor
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
UAE (RAK head office)
Senior Internal Auditor
Full Time Employment (Limited Contract)
Internal Auditor is responsible to conduct risk assessments, perform audit engagement tasks, creating a disciplined approach for Julphar by proper monitoring through annual audit processes. Must ensure right governance and compliance are controlled and met with proper accounting procedures are implemented in the company.
Internal Auditor is accountable to verify the financial status, validate operating procedures of the company through a systematic program of audits and raise audit recommendations to the stakeholders. Support process owners with understanding, assessing, designing & documenting controls. Interacts with administrative and enforcement agencies; monitors systems and solves problems.
Key responsibilities & Accountability:
Main Responsibilities/ Key Result Areas
• Participate in the annual risk assessment process to ensure that compliance is met within all the company’s systems.
• Actively contribute in performing full audits, including risk management, control management, and assessing financial reliability.
• Evaluate design and operating effectiveness of in-scope audit area , assess the effectiveness and efficiency of operations and the adequacy of internal controls
• Participate in the development of the annual risk based Audit plan
• Participate in the development of the annual Audit programs
• Evaluate internal control and make recommendations on how to improve them
• Identifying shortfalls or gaps in processes
• Perform the audit , compliance, & consultancy tasks as assigned in the Audit program
• Work closely with auditee to mitigate the identified risks and develop the mitigation actions
• Analyse and evaluate accounting documents, preparing reports that reflect the audit results and document the proposed process.
• Prepare audit reports with audit findings along with recommendations.
• Follow up the implementation of audit findings as per auditee “audit implementation plan” to ensure audit matters arising are fully resolved.
• Carry out special reviews and investigation when deemed necessary.
• Ensure completion of Audit working papers , with supporting evidence and auditee feedback with the agreed upon actions
• Promote ethics and help identify improper conduct.
• 4 years Bachelor degree in Finance/ Accountancy.
• Minimum 5+ years of total experience is preferred with at least 3-4 years of experience working with big audit firms OR/AND Pharmaceutical industry.
• In terms of competency you are highly result oriented with strong sense of accountability & ownership.
• Must possess an analytical mind-set and numerical skills are useful in manipulating large amounts of data and creating reports
• Having strong judgmental ability to think objectively, have strong ethical standards, as well as high levels of integrity to adhere to regulations and compliance are necessary
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks, having strong attention to details, need to be incredibly organized and be able to prioritize their workload and solve problems
• Must showcase impartialness while dealing, must be resilient and calm under pressure.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills for better working with others; ability to work with high profile individuals externally, as well as collaborate internally
• Must possess strong listening skills discern the best course of action for the auditee
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and sometime unpredictable environment; works well under pressure and tight deadlines
• Certification: CA/ACCA/CIA/CPA/CISA is a mandatory fitment criteria
• Knowledge of the standards for the professional practice of internal Auditing and the code of ethics developed by the institute of internal Auditors
• Understanding of common internal control concepts , including COSO and COBIT
• Understanding of IFRS principles
• Knowledge of Sarbanes - Oxley act provisions and methodologies is a plus
• Knowledge of CAAT like case ware & ACL is a plus
• Fluent verbal and written English communication skills , fluency in other languages (Arabic) is highly preferred
• Proficient in MS Office is mandatory fitment criteria.
Copyright, All Rights Reserved | Julpharcareers 2020